DAY 3 CELEBRATION!
*sigh* yes, yes…I know I’m a couple weeks late in doing the DVD unboxing. Forgive me guys, when I first got my DVD I took lots of pictures of the unboxing but it sat on the sideline for a while now. Finally I got some spare time (hahaha…not really I never have spare time) to finally go over the pictures and put them together. It’s better late then never right? It still might help some of you out who’s thinking of getting the DVD. By the way here’s some quick facts on the DVD in case you ARE thinking about buying it.
1. When I bought it, it was a Pre-Order (meaning there’s extra products involved) priced at $179.99 free shipping, prices varies base on where you buy but make sure it includes shipping as well, it makes a difference on whatever extra charges that got tagged on as well.
2. Keep in mind that while the show on the DVD is subbed, all the BTS/Director’s Cut, and anything extra is NOT subbed. Also, the books included are in Korean 😦
3. Make sure it works in your regions, meaning your DVD player will play it. As of right now it’s only for region 3, 4, 5, 6 (US is NOT in this region)…so you either have to “hack” into your DVD player or if it’s “unhackable” you’d have to purchase separately a DVD player that’s region “free” so it can play. Note: you can also play on your computer but again, you may have to change region as well (look up on google how to do this for your specific computer type)
On to the unboxing:
a) I arrived to me (FL, US) in a Fedex box and fairly quick (about 1-2 weeks), nicely bubble wrapped…comes with a separately wrapped Pre-Order gift which will be broken down further as you move down.
b) the actual box itself…it’s so beautiful I almost cried, hahaha…sorry I major in Graphic Design so I get easily moved by such intricate design, the foil on the stars really make it pop out of the box and made it shine iridescently.
c) This is in the Pre-Order Special Gift packaging. If you order the DVD now, I’m not sure if this is going to be included or not (I think most likely not? don’t quote me on it though). This includes;
1. a book mark of DMJ/KSH on one side & CSY/JJH on the other side
2. special DVD, this is where you get some of the hottest clips BTS of the Red Carpet Kiss scene even if they do tend to zoom out quite a bit *grrr*
3. DMJ Diary, yes it’s in Korean…if you don’t read Korean you’re out of luck…but no worries as I’m trying to upload/collect the translation up on the site.
4. Interview Book, have no idea what this is as I don’t read Korean
5. Hidden Track Book, have no idea what this is as well but I see pics of characters so I’m thinking a break down of the characters? Again, not sure so don’t quote me on it.
c) continuing with the Pre-Order Special Gift packaging below, it also contains a mouse pad which I’m gladly put to use as I’ve been using my mouse forever and ever without a mouse pad…then pics of everything on one screen.
d) you get two folded poster (which sucks because you see all the creases in it) if you want a nice uncrease one make sure you get the ones in a tube, the total is about $10 extra). When the box is open on one flap you see nice pic of our Alien/OTP couple and when the other flap open out, the first thing you’ll see is a big photo book
e) Here’s some sample pages in the photobook. As I looked through it I have a first thought that came to mind is that it is quite random…almost as if they didn’t put too much thought or time into this. I could think of a lot better cinematic moments then these, I felt kinda sad that it’s a bit half-hazard like that…they did photoshop it nicely though.
f) Next in the box, you get a Continuity Book, again in Korean but it has a lot of “comic like” sketches, I’m pretty sure this is like the story board of the show…but it’s only for a few beginning scenes though. You also get 6 postcards as seen below with their signature…again, I think better pictures could have been chosen…(really who choose the pictures to be use??? let ME handle that job! haha) Ugh, I especially do NOT like the one they use for our DMJ/KSH, the clothes seems to swallow him whole.
g) And finally we get to the actual DVD itself; 13 DVD all together with the last “blue” one being the extra tracks. These are just funny silly, short songs and it’s not really that long, probably around 10 minutes all together. Part of Disc 10 is the NG1, part of Disc 11 is NG2, Disc 12 is the Making, and Disc 13 is the Commentary (all these are not subbed)
There you have it everyone! Phew, sorry for my laziness/business that I didn’t put this up sooner. Hope you enjoyed it anyways 🙂